The Amy E. Kelly Education Foundation (AEKEF) reflects the primary values of its namesake: maintaining a positive attitude and believing in one’s ability to accomplish anything in life. Our mission is to promote education, truth, hard work, courage, and to ensure that no deserving scholar be deprived of higher education.
We accomplish this mission by awarding scholarships to students in their first year of college- often as first generation college students. Over the past 13 years, we have had the privilege of awarding over 40 scholarships to worthy students, primarily from the Walltown Community- Amy’s home. Our awards started at $200.00 per recipient and we are presently awarding scholarships of $1,000.00 per recipient. In the future, we hope to award even more.
Scholarship Information At a Glance:
- Over 40 Scholarships awarded, totaling over $19,000
- 36 recipients attended schools of higher education
- 18 recipients working either part or full time
- 13 recipients are currently enrolled
- 5 recipients earned or are pursuing Master’s Degrees
Contact us to learn how you can be a part of our mission to promote higher education and support more deserving scholars.